Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More pics




Due to the overwhelming response to send more pictures, we've decided to add some now that Kimberly is back from the hospital.

Everything went as perfectly as we could have hoped. We went in at 7:00 a.m. She was started at about 9:00 a.m. and wasted no time. Her epideral didn't work on the right side so after she screamed and begged for relief, they pulled it out and did it again. I don't know what it is with Kim but she's always the 1% that defies normal circumstances. Anyway, she pushed for three contractions and the nurse said, "Don't push anymore until the doctor gets here." So as the nurse is typing information into the computer, Kim turns to me and tells me that she feels a little pressure. I looked under her robe and Audrey's head was halfway out. I was determined to make sure that my little girl wouldn't be born into the garbage can below. I called the nurse over and she said, "Well, I guess we'll have to deliver her without the doctor." In the meantime, Kim is just as content as can be- watching tv and giggling. Around the corner came the doctor and she had to put on her gloves while Audrey squirmed her way out. The doctor told Kim to push- and out she popped at about 1:20 p.m. What a perfect way to have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment